Good Gravy, Mama!

Another ridiculous look into life as a SAHM (slave at home mom) and her convoluted view of stuff.

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day SUCKS!...if you're married to me!

Happy Father's day to all the dads in the universe (except the deadbeats of course...don't know what made me say that grumpy sounding statement after something that was meant to be pleasant, but that's just a sample of what kind of duality is in my head sometimes!!!). Today I wanted to give my husband something special...time to relax, no pressure to do or be or say or fix anything....just a lazy carefree day. Instead the sorry bloke ended up giving me something. I've been sick since I dunno-when, at this point...tired, achy, tummy-cramps, weak, grumpy...don't know exactly what I have, but it's toying with my back-end...if you know what I mean. I tried to make my hubby special food, and give him lots of chill time, but instead, HE actually let ME take a nap, did some laundry, grilled dinner, and watched the kids a good portion of the day! I'm a horrible person to marry! Look at me! Have I no shame?!?

I think I owe him a "New and Improved Father's Day", with more laziness, more beer, and less grumpy 30-something women.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home