Good Gravy, Mama!

Another ridiculous look into life as a SAHM (slave at home mom) and her convoluted view of stuff.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

The Good Housekeeping Mentor

Here is conversation I had with my kids whilst cleaning the playroom with them.

Son: Yuck..there's something sticky under the desk.

Me: Did you spill something there?

Son: Yup...in February...it was apple juice. (...Mind you it's March 9th!)

Me: Well, I have a soapy sponge right there...(motioning to bathroom sink) go ahead and squeeze it out and we'll clean it up

Son grabs sponge, squeezes it, then throws it back into the water, making a huge splash.

Me: Whoa! Let me get a towel. Squeeze out the sponge, do not throw it back in, just wipe up the sticky stuff

Daughter: I can clean with this...(pulls off the Hawaiian skirt she has stowed under her princess dress. ) It works like the car wash!

I come back in after grabbing a towel, and my daughter is standing in the bathroom sink full of soapy water, wearing only the Hawaiian skirt and scrubbing herself with the sponge.

...wonder why my house is messy?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home