Good Gravy, Mama!

Another ridiculous look into life as a SAHM (slave at home mom) and her convoluted view of stuff.

Friday, June 30, 2006

...crickets....

Peace.....the children are sleeping.....THANK GAWD!

Today was one of THOOOSE DAYS! Holy Cannoli! It has been a two degrees warmer than Hell outside, so I have no desire to frolic out there whatsoever. I feel like I can be rated as a "poor" mother right now since all I want to do is stay inside and bake cookies and cakes. (Place hand under button of pants, cradling gut...) Exercise...*huckthooey*...... whassat? (pick, nose...)
I know my kids are beginning to suffer a little cabin fever. We have annual passes to several fun places around the Socal area...but it's still HOT out there...and you have to sweat and stuff just arguing with my almost two year old getting in the car!(She thinks she can buckle herself into her carseat, and screams at you when you try to help her...I swear it's like living with DRUNK GIRL from SNL!)
I keep thinking we should spend these days at the beach. I know some of you were thinking that might be swell. I mean, we're not far, it's cooler there...kids love the beach......Have you ever been to the beach by yourself with 2 small kids. It's like hearding a flock of flamingos with a tricycle...INSANITY! Last time I went, my kids and I went with my parents...3 adults, 2 kids. The math works out, right? OH MY GRACIOUS! We were chasing them the entire day since they seemed to want to throw themselves into the water like lemmings! I'm sure my daughter ingested about half a pound of sand, not to mention the gritty diaper I had to change there! EEEK! My son loved it, but anytime he saw a seagull within 100 ft., he would take off like a jet and chase the thing down!
So, I'm on this mental quest to figure out how I can possibly make going to the beach with them easier! I think I'm gonna try it soon, so if you read some crazy headline in the paper about a mother losing her kids at the beach, you don't have to tell people you knew me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home